- 20,000 stores with annual revenue of ~ $11 billion
- Highly concentrated at top and fragmented at bottom – Starbucks ~ 75% of sales
- Major companies: Starbucks, Caribou Coffee, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Diedrich (Gloria Jean’s), Peet’s Coffee
- Competitors can also be found in other industries (convenience stores, gas stations, quick service, fast food restaurants, gourmet food shops, donut shops, filter ~ / specialty coffee machines for home use) . Dunkin’ Donuts and McDonalds
- Competition through special offers (new tastes), outstanding service/ environment (internet, music, comfortable seating areas, short waiting queues), loyalty programs (bonus cards ensuring frequency of visits) and for premium locations (retail centers, university campuses, etc.)
In order to mitigate the dilemma I have to investigate it sources first. Therefore I recall basic theories why we have copyright at all and then analyze the current copyright law regarding the music industry. In other words I will trace the roots of copyright and see, if there are other ways to reach the same goals copyright exists for maybe even better and at lower costs for the society.
Find showtimes, watch trailers, browse photos, track your Watchlist and rate your favorite movies and TV shows on your phone or tablet!
We are looking for Editorial Board Members if you have PhD degree with minimum 5 years teaching experience you can apply.
Download, fill and send form in soft copy.